Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Baby Liam is coming!

Well I had a very interesting visit to the doctor's today that I was not expecting. I went in for my every week visit like usual and my doctor told me that I was at 1cm and because boys tend to be bigger that he is willing to induce me NEXT week. I was completely surprised and excited and nervous and so I told him that I would have to think about it and call back. So Evan and I talked about it and we have decided that it would be better to go now (because I am so uncomfortable) rather then later. I called the doctor's office back and told them that I decided to go ahead and be induced on Monday night at 9 pm (if everything is still okay for me to be induced). I should have Liam on Tuesday the 9th. I am super excited but nervous at the same time because I hear all these horror stories of being induced and how horrible it is for your body and how unnatural it is, but the good news is that it's not going to be the drip that everybody dreads so much, it will be this gel stuff that they just put on your cervix and let it happen naturally that way, so I will try that and see how that works. So wish me luck and we will let you know when he gets here. By the way sorry for not updating my blog in so long. I have been in this ridiculous nesting stage and I know that Evan has about had it. :) But thankfully I am slowing down and knowing that he is coming next week I will hopefully be able to relax a little bit more. Also I will have to post some pictures of what I have been working on during my nesting phase.

8 comments:

Terra said...

Kristie! That is exciting and crazy at the same time. I was induced with Kate but it was totally fine. I was at a 2 and it wasn't bad for me at all. I think if your body is already on it's way it isn't as bad as if you are not dilated at all. Once I got the epidural it only took like 1 1/2 before she came! So good luck, you'll do great and text me when he gets here! YEAH!!

Micah and Aaron said...

I am so excited for you guys!! I have heard both the good and the bad stories about getting induced. I'm sure you will do great!! Let us know when little Liam gets here!!

Sheridan said...

Congratulations! Boys are so fun, soooo different than girls though. I hope everything goes well for you.

Darren, Felicia, Judd, & Jake said...

Good luck with everything! How exciting! Get ready for a wild and crazy boy!

Brooke and Brian said...

Good luck Kristie and congrats on a boy! Thats exciting that you get to know know when you are having it, no guessing games.

Lo said...

Yeah Kristie! That is so exciting! I hope all goes well! Can't wait to see pics :)
Lo

Becky said...

Kristie, I'm so glad I just happened to click on your blog today. How exciting for you! You'll do great!! Congratulations to you, Evan and Hailey!

Candice said...

I can't wait to find out how everything goes! I had that gel stuff when I was pregnant with Jaycee, and it didn't do anything. She finally came on her own 4 days later.

Rocky Point

Rocky Point