Sunday, February 14, 2010

Here is the story!

Monday night rolls around and we make the call to see if we can come in to be induced. The hospital said everything was a go, so off we went. I didn't get the first pill that is put in your cervix to help you efface until midnight. I had a wonderful nurse until just after midnight and then the nurse from hell came on to her shift and it was down hill until she left at 7. I didn't feel much of anything and still didn't get any sleep because the nurse kept coming in to see how my pain was and to see if I needed anything. Obviously if I needed anything I would call you in there. All I wanted to do was sleep and she couldn't let me do that. (She didn't even check me or anything until 4 a.m. so she was coming in for nothing. I was so flippin mad) Well 7 am rolls around and Dr. Huff checks me and breaks my water at 2 centimeters and 50% effaced. Then he starts me on potosin (not sure how to spell this one.) which kicked me into hard labor right away. An hour later at 8 a.m. I asked for my epidural and my nurse and anesthesiologist were amazing. Yes it was so painful to feel those contractions, but to be honest with you I would do it again. I never really felt hard labor pains with Hailey because I had the epidural right away so I can't compare apples to apples, but to me it was not bad at all. As I was waiting, the nurse came in and put an oxygen mask on me because every time I had a contraction Liam's heart rate would drop. About 9:20 or so I felt a lot of pressure, yes while I was watching The Price is Right! I called the nurse in and she wasn't my regular nurse but she said that she would go ahead and check me anyways, well she didn't really have to check me she was like oh yeah he is all ready to go. They immediately called Dr. Huff and he was there with in 6 minutes or so. By the time he sat down to have me push he was like "Wow okay you are ready." I felt all the pressure from him coming down that it kept taking my breath away and every time I had to push I couldn't really get a good breath so it was extremely hard to push and I had to push continuously because he was so close to his head coming out with out having to get cut so he stretched me as I was pushing. He finally came out with about 6 or 7 pushes behind it. (Come to find out that the cord was wrapped around his neck and that is why his heart rate would drop so they needed to keep oxygen going to him.) Liam Carter was born at 9:34 a.m. on Tuesday February 9th 2010, he was 6 lbs 9oz 20 inches long. We have been so excited about him for so long and we are just so glad that he is finally here and healthy! I have to say that even though I could feel all the pressure it really made me feel like I accomplished something huge. (that feeling wasn't there when I had Hailey because I couldn't feel anything at all). I would be induced again. Knowing that my due date still isn't here, I am all done with the hard part.
He was born with more hair then all of us when we were born. Plus it's dark i love it!!! Evan already wants to shave his head and I of course said NO way!!!!!!!
Hailey has been so great with Liam she is seriously the best big sister to him. We are 4 proud dad of his boy!

9 comments:

Karyn said...

He is adorable! Love the name :)

Anonymous said...

CONGRADULATIONS!! Oh my goodness Kristi Liam is so so so so so so so so so Handsome!! He is so tiny! I can't wait to until you are feeling better and I can see him.... :) Which I do hope you are feeling better every day and getting in some sleep. Don't worry about getting ready, doing dishes or ANYTHING just enjoy him and get some sleep! Good job!!!

Tiffany said...

COngrats, Kristi! he is beautiful! Im glad it all went well! Hope you are getting some rest and recovering well! Post more pics of your adorable new little boy soon! :)

Tansey Hall said...

Kristi, He is perfect!
I'm so glad that everything went well. Hailey looks so proud to be a big sister. Good job!

Lo said...

Oh, Liam is adorable! CONGRATS!!! You all look so good. Get as much sleep as you can ;)
We are making our blog private and need your email address. Can you either email me at locherry03@hotmail.com or comment on our blog so I can add you? THANKS!
Lo

..JeSsIcA hUnT.. said...

Seriously, he is soo tiny and cute! I wish i could have held him more, but my kids are out of control!! it was so fun to visit!!

P.s. I always come on your blog to listen to your play list!! haha!! I love it!!!

Candice said...

what a cute little boy! Isn't it fun having two kids now and watching their interaction? i love it with my two! I'm glad everything went well with the labor and delivery! Congrats!

Manish Batra said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
Portable Toilet Seat

Keep Posting:)

Anonymous said...

love to take big sis to bed and show her here a baby comes out, too yong to f--k but I would get my fingers in her and eat her pu--y

Rocky Point

Rocky Point