Friday, April 4, 2008

Turning 23

As I was sitting here thinking about how fast time flies and how fast kids grow these days. I realized that man children change and grow up so fast, but so do I. I can't believe that I am going to be turning 23 in less then 25 days from now. I pondered how fast we grow up as well. Things change and sometimes I really hate change. I have been thinking a lot how this world has completely changed from gas being $1.25 and being able to buy all your groceries under $150 bucks. People are dying everyday from war and contention that is constantly going on around us, just makes you not want to step out side your own home. Also how important it is that we teach our children right from wrong and teach them this gospel and make sure as a family that we are truly ready for the second coming, because I feel that it is getting closer by the day. It has really hit me lately that we should always be prepared for anything that comes our way. Say stores go under or prices get so high and salary never changes that we can't afford to buy food. I am now seeing why the prophets have pushed and shoved and warned everybody about food storage and savings for at least 3 months worth. We have been warned many times about a lot of things and now it's feeling more and more real. Times are about to get really hard for everybody and how important it is that we stay true to our beliefs and our families and make sure that we are keeping a strong home for our kids to feel safe in. Things that are to come to pass makes me even more proud and honored to be apart of this gospel and knowing as long as we do as we are told by keeping the commandments, praying, reading and studying the scriptures, making sure that we honor scared ordinances and covenants and always making sure that we, ourselves are ready, the lord will protect us. I know that this is the way that I feel, but it has really hit home to me. I am grateful for this gospel and for the Atonement in my life. I would be probably running the streets screaming, because I would be terrified of the things to come to pass, but knowing if I do what I have been taught my whole life we will be okay. I love the Lord with all my heart and I can say that I am trying to make my house a home.

5 comments:

Micah and Aaron said...

Great post Kris! You actually kind of freaked me out a little bit!! Hey, you need to start thinking about your birthday dinner/lunch with all the girls! It will be here before you know it. Let me know if you decide on a place, date and time!! Love ya!

T+C=N said...

Kristie! I didnt know you have a blog yay!! I miss ya! We need to get together before we move for the summer. Hailey looks so cute in her Easter pics. Love you!

Ashlie said...

As I read your all I could think, was MAN!!! I miss my Kristie! Next time one of us is in close, we need to get together!

T+C=N said...

Well I was looking at someones blog from Snowflake. I dont remember whos.. and I saw Chris and Terris a couple weeks ago. So I was looking at theres yesterday and saw your link! And yes we still need to make you some bling! Let me know when and I will do it!

Shawn and Tasha said...

Happy Birthday Kristie! Wish we could be there to celebrate with you guys! Miss you!!!

Rocky Point

Rocky Point