Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Okay so our Anniversary was on the 5th and Evan being the wonderful husband that he is, surprises me and takes me out to Fountain hills with Oregano's. We had so much fun eating and feeding the ducks you know since we like to do that a lot it seems!! HA HA Well I know Hailey likes it and she has so much fun chasing them back into the water.
Being the smart person I am forgets to take any pictures of us while we were on our date. Okay so this story might take a little while, but I have to say that it made it for one interesting night. So we start out with Evan having to make one more trip before we go out for our date that night. The date was suppose to start at 6:00, ( we were talking earlier that day that we needed to clean our carpets so we were going to go and PICK up a cleaning cleaner machine at True Value on Saturday) well as he was gone we were waiting for Rebecca to get here to babysit so I told him he better hurry because we were planning on going Ice Skating later that night and we couldn't be late for dinner or else it would push the rest of our evening back. Well I call him to see where he was at and he told me, "I'm going to stop by and get the cleaner tonight." so I said "that's fine but you can't be late." Then he said, "Oh you know what my mom just drove by." so i told him "Don't worry about the machine then since she is almost here." So 6 comes and Rebecca gets here and Evan is not home yet so I give him about 15 minutes and call to see what is taking so long. He told me that, "Renting a carpet cleaner is taking longer then I thought so I will hurry as fast as I can." I said, "Okay." Well 6:35, 6:45 comes and goes. I called him again and he said, "I am on my way." I was really upset at that point because I knew dinner is going to take longer then 30 minutes and we might end up waiting for that long just to get in to sit down. Well he pulls up and I said don't worry about taking it out we are so late. He told me no we can't we have to take it out now because it is rolling around and hitting the back door. So we started to evening off in a LITTLE TIFF, because I was UPSET that he now made us late leaving, and he was UPSET that I didn't just THANK him for getting the cleaner that night so that we could start on it first thing in the morning. We were planning on eating at Carrabba's over by the Santan Mall, but when we got there we saw a Waldo's BBQ right next to it.
So we put our name down at Carrabba's and there was only about a 15 minute wait so we said that was fine. We were looking at the menu and decided that neither one of us was in the mood for Italian food so we went to Waldo's instead. Well we got there we couldn't even hear what the guy was saying about sitting us down, then a waitress come out and asked us if we were waiting we said yes so he waves us in she roles her eyes, (I'm assuming it wasn't at us, maybe at the guy that told us to wait) Anyways so she doesn't even tell us where to sit she just points like we know where we are going. To make a long story a little shorter, the service was poor and we definitely didn't seem like a very important costumer to her. The atmosphere just seemed stuck up and uncomfortable. Needless to say we won't be going back to that location. There is a Waldo's that is on Main St. and Greenfield and I believe that is the first one that came to AZ so it's more laid back and it's bigger and the atmosphere is happy and just very friendly. By the time we got done with dinner it was already 8:00 and ice skating started at 7 so we didn't know if we even wanted to spend the money on an hour left, but we did and as we got our skates we walked into the skating room and there were kids everywhere. It just happened to be the night of Highland High School's ice skating night. We just had to laugh it was so freaking hilarious. So we were going to get a locker, but it was .75 cents and neither one of us had any change on us so I ran my purse out to the car. So I came back in and realized that I had forgotten my socks in my purse so I ran back out to the car and got my socks and then as I got my skates on I realized that I forgot the camera in my purse as well, I just said forget it, I am done. So I think out of all the kids there, there was maybe 5 couples okay probably not even that. So as we were skating and Evan ATE it so HARD because he was trying to do something and it didn't work out that way so he fell. HA (even now I am cracking up about it) So skating was almost done and I hadn't fallen yet so right when I was getting cocky (TOE PICK) I ate it so freaking HARD, I slide on my side and my hair went everywhere I couldn't even see and then Evan was trying to get me up and a line of girls holding hands comes right at us. He was yelling "BREAK THE LINE, BREAK THE LINE" I was laughing so hard that I couldn't even stand up and Evan was laughing so hard that he couldn't pull me up. It was so funny. (you think the night is over, nope NOT YET) So as we were driving home I decided that I needed something else to snack on, so I said Bahama bucks baby, So Evan starts driving over to Bahama bucks and then I said no I want A&W root beer float. So i said there is one on Greenfield and Warner and at this point we are on Val vista and Guadalupe so he turns towards Greenfield and down to Warner he goes it's nowhere to be found so he keeps going thinking that it might be between Warner and Ray so it's not of course so it hits me that no it's not on Greenfield at all it's back on Val vista and Warner. We were just laughing like crazy. So we get there (okay so Evan has this thing when he pulls up to drive-through windows he never knows which one opens) so he pulls up to it and he always depends on me telling him which one it is but this time he didn't he just drove to the middle of the window and I told him it's the back window, he was laughing so hard, because he does the same thing at work until they open the window to give him his food and at that point he will back up or pull forward it's hilarious! So that was our night and this is the only picture we took.
Well the photographer must of been an awesome photographer because that picture just turned out right! :) HA HA
(inside joke) You know it's the 21st century and you know camera's have zoom on them now. Well the photographer kept moving closer to us instead of using the zoom it was awesome to top the night off. :) I love you! HA HA

No comments:

Rocky Point

Rocky Point